Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wow, Summer. I am hitting the streets!

It happens every year, and yet it keeps taking me by surprise. The weather is outstanding, the mood and atmosphere is fantastic and wow am I ever busy! This is easily the hardest I’ve ever worked in a summer, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I did a great gig in Kingston for the Skeleton Park Music Festival where I got to perform along side The Soul Jazz Orchestra! They are a great band, and that’s a big compliment from me because usually I don’t enjoy live music. I punctuated the last half of their set with my full range of tricks and props to give the festival a very energetic ending. Together we got a lot of people on their feet!

I spent Canada Day this year heating up Dunlop Street in downtown Barrie doing some shows leading up to the fireworks. This year I am expanding to doing more busking and busker style shows and the response has been really fantastic! You seem to like me more when I’m talking more than when I’m setting my face on fire! Barrie was a wonderful crowd, I hope I get to go back there soon. People were super friendly and I met some really fun people after each of my shows.

Last weekend I was part of a team of buskers who kicked off the first ever Celebrate the Streets festival in Huntsville. The evening was also the first iteration of Nuit Blanche north, a late night outdoor art exhibit experience based on the popular Nuit Blanche that Scotiabank puts on once a year in Toronto. It was an honour and tremendously exciting to be a part of this event. I’m still energized from the experience and can’t wait to do more street shows!

This weekend I’m performing in Oakville Friday night and Saturday at 3pm I will be at Pacific Mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment