Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Music Video and Live Show

Yesterday I was filmed for Three Star Seed's new music video I'm On Fire. It was a fantastic experience. I think for my first professional video it was a pretty big success. Everyone seemed really happy with my performance and I had a wonderful time. Video really is significantly different from a live show, and not understanding that difference I made a few mistakes. Like instead of holding back and saving my skin for 49 more takes, I thought "OOOOH NEW CROWD!" and went balls to the wall for the first 2 takes, burning up my mouth and arms. So today I'm in kind of rough shape and I'm hoping my lip heals before my show this Saturday. However the adrenaline high from doing a fire eating show for 2 hours was unbelievable! The biggest high of my life for sure.

The band and crew were really awesome too. I was seriously impressed with both how well organized the scenes were done and at how quickly things took place. No one seemed particularly stressed out or panicked either which was the most amazing part. I don't think I've ever experienced that on a film set before! I made some seriously cool friends yesterday, and I'm really glad I was able to take part. I'll post a link to the video here when it gets released.

This Saturday I'm performing at The Fermenting Cellar in the Distillery District of Toronto. I'm doing a couple intro and intermission sets between 7 and 9pm. It's exciting times in Drake-land!

No comments:

Post a Comment